Daily Trends Now
Daily Trends Now

Students elated as Dwyane Wade makes surprise visit to Stoneman Douglas High

Oliver was buried in a Dwyane Wade Miami Heat jersey last month and the 36-year old shooting guard has continued to pay tribute to him and others who were effected.

The students at the Parkland, Fla. high school were, to put it mildly according to what they posted on social media, pretty happy about Wade's visit.

Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade received a hero's welcome as he paid a visit to the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School in the wake of the recent shooting there which claimed the lives of seventeen people.

DeVos did not disclose much of what happened during the visit, except to tell reporters at a press conference afterward, "I told the student newspaper reporters that I would love to come back in an appropriate amount of time and just sit down and talk with them". Wednesday marked a return to normalcy at the Parkland, Fla., school, as it was the first full day with regular class schedules since the February 14 mass shooting. Wade said he had conversations with students about their activism, and he looked forward to "being more involved in the change that they WILL create". "As someone out here in the public eye, I'm proud to say I'm from this state".

Debbie Jacobson, a teacher at the school, posted a photo of herself with Wade thanking him for the visit and for what he has done with Oliver's family. "Joaquin Oliver may you Rest In Peace and i dedicate my return and the rest of this Miami Heat season to you", Wade tweeted after the game. Thank you for being generous with your time today!

On Saturday, Wade met with the Oliver family and gave them a pair of specially made shoes that included the name of the school and Joaquin's name.

editors' picks

March 08, 2018
Google launches first Android P developer preview
Carriers can report networks as being congested or unmetered and JobScheduler then manages work according to the network status. Final APIs will follow in preview 3 in June, with the next two builds being release candidates in June and July.

March 08, 2018
UEFA Champions league 2018: Liverpool into the quarter-finals
Now we are in the next round, so I don't need any more positives. "I think he prefers to play centrally". We are going for a 4-1 win for the Merseysiders, and this outcome is available at 22/1 odds at Skybet.

March 08, 2018
Windows 10 S Mode: Microsoft Rolls Out Most Recent OS
This isn't confirmed by Microsoft yet, and users will expect clearer details of these aspects of the S Mode shifting. Windows 10 S is described as a fully-functional version of Windows that is created to run smoothly on all hardware.

March 07, 2018
Saudi Arabia to open airspace to Israel-India flights
Air India has not published when it would begin its flights to Tel Aviv, with media speculating they are due to start later in March.

March 06, 2018
County under High Wind Advisory Monday
Rain showers will continue Thursday while Friday snow levels will drop, which will cause precipitation to turn to mixed showers. Wind: SW 10-15 miles per hour .• SATURDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy, and warm with a 20% chance of showers.

March 05, 2018
Kremlin says no interest in U.S. arms race in 'invincible weapons' row
Kelly, who worked as a corporate lawyer before pursuing a career in journalism, said she did have a law degree. Kelly asked, referring to Russia's campaign to interfere in the 2016 United States election.

March 02, 2018
Thursday, March 1 Morning Forecast Discussion
That being said, regardless of any severe weather threat, winds will be gusty all day long, exceeding 35 miles per hour at times. As we end next week, there will be another cold front that will bring some rain for Thursday , Friday and possibly Saturday.

March 02, 2018
Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law, has security clearance downgraded
A Citigroup spokeswoman said the firm's relationship with Kushner Companies was not connected to Kushner's White House role. And spokespeople for both companies asserted the loans granted to Kushner Companies were unrelated to the meetings.

March 02, 2018
IPhone 11 Rumors: Largest iPhone Ever, Cheaper Model In The Works
With a screen close to 6.5 inches, Apple's big new handset will be one of the largest mainstream smartphones on the market. Sources say that the incoming 6.5 inch model will be one of the largest phones on the market, and Apple's biggest iPhone.

March 01, 2018
California Democrats snub Feinstein
For the first time, California's senior senator Dianne Feinstein failed to win the backing of her party in a reelection bid. The state party will not officially endorse either candidate, however, since both failed to meet the 60 percent threshold.